Everyone who has followed astrology over the internet or television shows must have noticed a disclaimer mentioned before the presentation or an article that says – based on your moon sign/sun sign/ ascendant sign. Several people get confused as they believe that there is only one sign: the zodiac sign. People often get confused among the sun sign and the moon sign and spread the wrong information.
Everybody knows what the sun sign is, but very few people are aware of a moon sign’s significance. You’ll be surprised to know that a moon sign is equally or even more critical when it comes to know about a person in detail as moon signs represent the mindset of a person. The Sun sign gets a bit generic, but the moon sign is comparatively more accurate and. From education to career and marriage, every aspect of life can be predicted through your moon sign.
What is a moon sign?
As we all know, The Time of your birth is a significant factor in Vedic astrology. It holds your entire future, present, and maybe even past. Your whole destiny is your birth chart or natal chart. Your moon sign is the zodiac sign where the Moon was positioned when you were born. The Moon moves and transits into every sign every two to three days, which is why your birth date, year, month, year, and even the minute is essential. Please don’t get it confused with the sun sign. For instance, if you are born on 9 January, that makes you a Capricorn sun sign, but not necessarily your moon sign. It would be a massive coincidence if it were to happen. Your Moon sign could be Scorpio or Taurus or Libra.
The Moon represents your feelings, emotions, and soul. The stronger your Moon’s position in the natal chart, the better is your mental and emotional strength and peace. On the other hand, it may cause stress, depression, anxiety, and constant self-doubt if it is not. The Moon rules the fourth house (cancer); it is feminine.
What is my moon sign?
To know your moon sign, all you have to do is take a look at your birth chart, which has twelve houses. The house which has the Moon positioned is your moon sign. For instance, if your birth chart starts from the first house (making you an Aries ascendant) and the Moon is placed in the eight houses (Scorpio), it makes you a Scorpio moon sign. You could also consult an astrologer or check your moon sign through an online moon sign calculator.
What do moon signs reveal?
- Character, nature, personality, attributes or likes, and dislikes.
- Relationship and behavior with your family members, spouse, friends, children, acquaintances, and strangers.
- Luck, fame, prestige, property, luxuries, and assets.
- Career, education, research, and business
- Life path, spirituality, and religious beliefs
Moon signs traits based on zodiac
- Aries- impatient, childish, energetic
- Taurus- Mentally stable, rational, balanced
- Gemini- Dual nature, Gossipy, witty
- Cancer- Caring, kind, loving
- Leo- Leader, assertive, extrovert
- Virgo- Practical, shy, peaceful
- Libra- Just, truthful, manipulative
- Scorpio- Slight imbalance and fickle-minded as it is not the most favorite position of the Moon.
- Sagittarius- religious, free-spirited, positive
- Aquarius- communicative, friendly, social
- Pisces- spiritual, dreamy, artistic
Moon signs are the gateway to an individual’s soul. The moon sign represents the inner personality of a person. In Vedic astrology, the moon sign is deemed the most important sign to know everything about an individual. Based on a person’s moon sign, every aspect of an individual’s life can be figured out.