According to Vedic Astrology, Nadi Dosha is one of the most inauspicious problems in Kundali matching.It alone is the cause of many issues between the couple. Nadi Dosha occurs when the boy and girl’s Nadi happens to be the same during kundali matching or Kundali Milan. Kundali Milan is all about analyzing and comparing the couple’s birth charts based on which their emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual compatibility is checked.
Get Free Prediction, Submit your birth details.
As you know, according to Vedic Astrology, Nadi is one of the AshtaKoot or eight aspects that are considered while matching two birth or natal charts of the prospective bride and groom. These eight aspects carry a total of thirty-six Gunas; each Guna has some points. Nadi Koot has eight points, the maximum of all the Gunas.
Nadi Koot is considered the most significant when it comes to Kundali Milan. The Nadi of the boy and the girl should not be the same. Although this is a major inauspicious defect in the kundali, there are a lot of other factors that influence this condition to take over the effect of Nadi Dosha.
Read Also: What is Nadi Dosha?
Types of Nadi Dosha
There are three kinds of Nadi, and nine birth stars or Nakshatras fall in each one of them. The following are the kinds of Nadi and their nakshatras.
- Adi Nadi- Aardra, Jyeshta, Ashwini, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Punarvasu, Purva Bhadrapada, Moola, Shatabhisha
- Madhya Nadi- Mrigashira, Purva Phalguni, Bharani, Pushyami, Chitra, Uttara Bhadrapada, Pooraashadha, Dhanistha, Anuradha
- Antya Nadi- Kritika, Magha, Rohini, Swati, Shravani, Aaslesha, Revati, Uttaraashadha, Vishakha
Ill-effects of Nadi Dosha
Although it all depends on the intensity of the Dosha, there are life-changing consequences that adversely affect the couple’s life.
- Infertility problems
- Lack of mutual love, respect, and understanding between the couple.
- Arguments, chaos, misunderstandings, and quarrelsome marital life.
- Physically or mentally weak children or a significant crisis in the anatomy of the younger generation.
- Significant health issues to one of the partners or both.
- The couple can face sudden death or chances of accidents.
The same Nadi leads to significant marital life problems, and one should be very careful about this aspect when marrying someone. Having said that, there are some exceptions-
- Exception takes place when the boy and the girl have the same nakshatra but different moon signs or Rashi.
- Nadi Dosha gets canceled if the boy and girl’s Rashi is the same but nakshatras are different.
It is to be noted that Nadi Dosha is as severe as Mangal Dosha in Brahmin and Vaishyas varnas. There are high chances of a wedding being called off or rejection of the union as it affects the next generation’s health and life. Some astrologers do not pay much attention to the Nadi Dosha if the progeny house that is the fifth house is strong.
Vedic Astrology has remedies for every problem, including Nadi Dosha. Like the intensity of the Dosha, the remedial measures also require a lot of your time and energy, but it is definitely worth your dedication.
- The bride and the groom have to chant one and a half million or the prescribed number of Mahamrityunjaya Mantras.
- Brahmins and worshippers assist the priest in praying to Lord Shiva. It is followed by a Havan.
- According to the astrologer’s recommendation, a donation must be made after the Havan. According to the intensity of the Dosha, the Brahmin can be donated a cow, gold, or food equivalent to your weight.
Although a marital alliance should be avoided at all times if there is Nadi Dosha in the couple’s life, an expert astrologer must always be consulted. Sometimes, if other aspects and factors favor you, an alliance could be formed by following the rituals and solutions.